What are the differences between galvalume and stainless steel?
(1) The definitions of the aluminum-zinc plate and stainless steel plate are different
1. Aluminum-zinc-plated thick steel plate means that in order to avoid corrosion of the surface of the thick steel plate and increase its service life,
the surface of the thick steel plate coat with a layer of metal zinc and aluminum.
This kind of galvanized cold-rolled steel sheet call galvalume.
2. Stainless steel plate refers to steel that is resistant to weak corrosive substances such as gas, steam, water,
and organic chemical corrosive substances such as acid, alkali, salt, etc.
It is also called stainless acid-resistant steel.
(2) The production and processing technology of aluminum-zinc plate and stainless steel are different
1. The key to aluminized zinc sheet to coat a layer of high-density zinc and aluminum on the surface of the steel to prevent it from being oxidize.
2. The stainless steel plate is the inside of the steel plus other chemical elements, it is the internal structural transformation that makes the product not rusty.
Such as chromium stainless steel plate, chromium-nickel stainless steel plate, and chromium manganese nitrogen stainless steel plate, and so on.
(3) The use of galvalume plate and stainless steel plate are different
1. Aluminized hot-rolled strip steel products mainly use in engineering construction, light industry, vehicles, agriculture, forestry, animal husbandry and fishery, and commercial services.
For example, it is used for engineering building roofs, roof grids, etc.; auto parts, etc.;
home appliances, refrigerator side panels, gas stoves, air conditioners, and other areas.
2. The stainless steel plate mainly use in the engineering and construction industry.
It one of the raw materials with the highest compressive strength among the metal composite materials use in engineering.
It is also used in the food industry, restaurants, brewing, chemical plants, and other industries with high sanitary regulations.
(4) The surface layer of the galvalume plate and stainless steel plate are different
1. Aluminized zinc sheets are generally small spangles, and the sections are slightly purple.
2. The surface of the stainless steel plate is relatively smooth and clean.