Introduction to the Functional Coat（Antistatic）
Color coated plate for antistatic
1. The generation of static electricity
However, electron molecules, atoms, and different molecules that attract each other can generate charges at different times.
This charge is called a static charge. Even if, small electrostatic charges can produce extremely high static voltages.
Generally speaking, polymers with more polar groups are more likely to carry positive charges, and vice versa. Static electricity is everywhere in daily life.
For example, when a person walks through a synthetic carpet in an air-conditioned room, it can generate a charge accumulation of more than 1,000 volts;
when wearing and undressing and opening a car door in winter, it can feel like a hand is being shocked.
Electrostatic phenomena can also occur on the surface of conductors and semiconductors, but since charges can be transferred inside the surface
and materials, there will be no accumulation of static charges on the surface.
The polyester or fluorocarbon on the surface of the color-coated product is a high molecular polymer, which is an insulating material, and it is difficult to remove once it is charged.
2. The harm of static electricity
(1) Adsorption of dust and bacteria
(2) Reduce the surface and performance of the product
(3) Electrostatic discharge can cause burning or explosion
3. The working principle of antistatic color coated board
The antistatic principle of the antistatic color coated board is to add conductive material to the insulating polyester coating, thus, the original insulating coating becomes a semiconductor.
Therefore, by installing the ground wire of the construction project, the surface of the color-coated steel plate will be affected by the air.
Even if static electricity generated by clothing convection and friction can be introduced into the ground and disappear.
4. Use of antistatic color coated board
Mainly used in anti-static, high-cleanness, dust-free, and sterile places. Such as electronic semiconductor industry, food processing industry, pharmaceutical industry, hospital, etc.
5. Performance of the antistatic color coated board
(1) Processability and durability are comparable to ordinary polyester.
(2) Chemical resistance and solvent resistance are slightly higher than ordinary polyester.
(3) Surface resistance (Ω/cm2) is 106-109Ω, (common polyester is around 1013Ω).